Vitality Massage Therapy COVID Guidelines
GUIDELINES UPDATED AS OF NOVEMBER 19, 2020.
New York State has now deemed medical massage therapy as essential. We will continue our due diligence in the office on safety and cleaning procedures, as we have been following them strictly since our reopening in June. For those with questions please feel free to reach out (by text for quickest response time.)
Some things to inform you regarding all appointments moving forward at this time:
- Scheduling. There is a large number of individuals looking to get in for an appointment. We ask your patience as we do our very best to help everyone in a timely fashion. As usual, text message (585-347-5121) or email (mike@
vitalitymassagerochester.com) are the quickest modes of communication. You can also call the office, but we can not guarantee as quick a response time as text message or email. New patients looking to schedule a first appointment are encouraged to text for a quicker response time.
- New Patients Booking. If you are struggling to find a time we encourage you to text message us to help get you scheduled promptly. We now require adding a credit card on file for new patients to secure your time slot. Your card will NOT be charged at this time from that platform unless you violate our late cancellation or no show policies. You will pay for your session after it has completed while in office. Cancellations (not reschedules) with notification LESS than 24 hours in advance will be charged 100% of the scheduled fee. Reschedules with less than 24 hours notice will be charged 50% of the scheduled fee unless the reschedule is due to Covid related issues. No Call No Shows will be charged 100% of the scheduled fee. These policies are NON NEGOTIABLE. If you reach out to cancel your appointment you must speak to company representative to do so. If you leave a voicemail and you do not receive a message from a representative, please ensure your message was received properly to avoid being charged. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
- Our Hours Have Changed. Adhering to CDC guidelines, we must allow for more time in between appointments to thoroughly clean the room for the next patient. This has changed our hours of operation. Starting times for appointments will be set and can not be adjusted unfortunately. Please refer to our website to learn our new hours.
- Equipment And Safety Changes We Have Made, What to Expect in a Session. We will be adhering to all NY State Guidelines for return, as well as taking extra measures beyond those requirements.
- Anyone who has a temperature over 100 degrees will be asked to reschedule. Anyone who has been in recent contact with a COVID positive individual will be asked to rescheduled. If you have traveled out of the state, you must complete New York State safety guidelines before coming in for a session. If you are suffering from an illness or have any symptoms that could be related to COVID, we ask you to stay home and inform us at your earliest convenience to reschedule for everyone’s safety. We will be relaxing our cancellation policy ONLY in circumstances which a last minute reschedule could be related to COVID.
- Please do not enter the office until a few minutes before the start time of your appointment. Upon entering, please wear a mask at all times and immediately hand sanitize or move to the restroom to wash your hands once in the building.
- Any staff and patients are required to wear a facial mask in public spaces and within 6 feet of other patients.
- When in session the therapist will wear a mask and safety glasses at all times. All patients are required to wear a mask when lying on their back face up.
- We have medical grade cleaners to disinfect the treatment room and every surface in between patients. As mentioned above, there will be longer times scheduled between patients to ensure for proper cleaning of the treatment rooms.
- UV Light will run in between sessions.
- We will be using a medical HEPA air filter to clean the air in the room, as well as opening windows to increase ventilation.
- Once finished, we will end the session, execute payment and the patient will then immediately leave the office.
While this might look slightly different from the outside, please know how much we appreciate your patience and business during these trying times. We look forward to getting back to work and seeing you all soon.